It doesn’t matter if you are just starting to drive or have been driving for a while, parallel parking can make many drivers balk. It isn’t difficult to need a refresher on how to do so. Of course, you can find other options, like having your vehicle parallel park for you. Let’s check it out.
How to parallel park
- Find a spot you like.
- Double check your surroundings
- Be sure to signal!
- Pull up to the car in front of the spot you want to park in.
- Double check your surroundings.
- Turn your steering wheel to the right.
- Back up whilst still turning the steering wheel.
- Turn your steering wheel to the left to get the nose of your car into the spot but be aware of the vehicle in front of you to make sure you don’t accidentally scrape it.
- Make sure you are close enough to the curb.
- You’re done!
Please make sure you are aware of your surroundings and any oncoming vehicles. It’s also very important to indicate your intention of parallel parking with your turn signals. It isn’t a bad idea to search for an empty parking lot and setting up orange cones to practice a few times.
Can my vehicle parallel park for me?
Yes! Your vehicle can parallel park for you. There’s a nifty feature called active parking assist you can potentially find on your vehicle.
- Active Parking Assist will find a spot with enough space for your car when you drive either at 20 mph or lower. A “P” icon will light up to indicate the active parking assist is looking for a spot to park in.
- Once the technology finds a spot, an arrow will light up.
- If you want to park in the spot your vehicle found you need to put your car in reverse.
- Select the “OK” button on your display screen.
- Your vehicle will now help you parallel park, but you still need to use the brake and gas pedal.
Vehicles with Active Parking Assist in Scottsdale, AZ
Looking for a vehicle that has the Active Parking Assist feature on it? You can find them at your friendly Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale! Our team would love to help you pick your future vehicle. You can take it for a test drive to check out the Park Assist feature for yourself!
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact our team here at Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale. We would love to tell you more about the nifty features you can find on your future luxury vehicle.
Find your technology-packed luxury model here!