2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Driver Assistance Technology Systems
Intelligent Drive, an entire suite of groundbreaking driving safety features, is elevated in the 2018 S-Class Sedan with an enhanced camera and radar systems. In addition to several changes and upgrades, Lane Tracking is now standard and both Active Lane Change Assist and Active Emergency Stop Assist have been enhanced. Continue reading to learn more about the 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Driver Assistance Technology Systems.
[ READ MORE: What’s new with the 2018 S-Class? ]
Driver Assistance Package
The S-Class Sedan’s new Driver Assistance Package adds a host of innovative systems to inspire confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel. The new Driver Assistance Package includes the following systems:
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC uses more map and navigation data, can support the driver based on the route, and Active Speed Limit Assist adjusts the sedan’s speed.
- Active Steering Assist generates steering torque to help the driver stay in the center of the lane on roads and bends.
- Active Lane Change Assist can now change lanes with a simple tap. The lane change is completed within ten second, no other vehicles are detected by the system’s sensors.
- Active Emergency Stop Assist applies brakes to stop the sedan when Active Steering Assist is engaged.
- Traffic Sign Assist displays posted speed limits for the current section of the route through image recognition and information from the navigation system’s digital road map.
[ READ MORE: Does the S-Class have a rear seat entertainment system? ]