If you are like us, you take a great pride in keeping your Mercedes-Benz’s exterior sparkle…but what about the inside? If your Mercedes-Benz has a leather interior, you may feel a little intimated when it comes to knowing how to properly care for the inside. Take a look at our helpful tips on how to maintain your Mercedes-Benz’s leather so it continues to feel as luxurious as the day you bought it.
Tips for Properly Maintaining Mercedes-Benz Leather Interior
- Use a soft bristled brush or vacuum system to remove any excess dirt or debris that may have accumulated in your seat cracks.
- Follow the “two-bucket” cleaning system to wash the seats. Dip a soft cloth into a bucket of warm, soapy water, wring out, and lightly wash the leather. Then, dip a different soft towel into a bucket of warm, plain water, wring out, and over the leather again to rinse off any soap residue.
- Go over the leather with a dry cloth to soak up any excess moisture.
- Finish the job by applying a leather protection cream. This will protect the pigment and keep your leather looking fresh. We recommend using Mercedes-Benz Car Care Products, specifically Mercedes-Benz Leather Care, as it restores the original suppleness and beauty of the leather while nourishing and protecting it against damaging UV rays.
- Use seat covers or a windshield sun shade if you are worried about discoloration.
- Avoid eating and drinking in your vehicle, as spills can permanently stain your leather.
- Never use hard-bristled cleaning tools, as these can scratch the leather.
- Be careful with bringing sharp objects into your vehicle, like pens or car seats. Hard metal or plastic can easily rip through your leather.