Steps to Change Engine Oil and Filter in Your Mercedes-Benz
Changing the engine oil and filter in a Mercedes-Benz is an essential part of vehicle maintenance that helps keep the engine running smoothly and extends its lifespan. Changing the engine oil can vary depending on the Mercedes-Benz model and year of the vehicle, as well as the type of oil you use. Read this blog by Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ, to learn the steps to change the engine oil and filter in your Mercedes-Benz car.
Follow these Steps to Change Mercedes-Benz’s Engine Oil and Filter
However, here are the general steps to follow:
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface and allow the engine to cool down.
- Locate the oil drain plug at the bottom of the oil pan, which is typically located under the engine. Place a drain pan underneath the plug.
- Use a socket wrench to remove the oil drain plug and let the oil drain into the pan. Be careful, as the oil may be hot.
- While the oil is draining, locate the oil filter, which is usually located near the engine block.
- Use an oil filter wrench to remove the oil filter.
- Before installing the new oil filter, use a clean rag to wipe any oil residue from the area where the filter will be installed.
- Apply a small amount of clean oil to the rubber gasket on the new oil filter to help it seal properly.
- Install the new oil filter by hand, being careful not to over-tighten it.
- Once the oil has finished draining, replace the oil drain plug and secure it with a socket wrench.
- Locate the oil filler cap, which is usually located on top of the engine, and remove it.
- Using a funnel, slowly pour the recommended amount of fresh oil into the engine.
- Replace the oil filler cap and start the engine. Let it rev for a minute or two to circulate the new oil.
- Turn off the engine and examine the oil level using the dipstick. Add more oil if necessary.
- Dispose of the old oil and filter properly at a recycling center.
Visit Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale for Vehicle Services
It’s important to consult your Mercedes-Benz owner’s manual for the recommended oil and filter type, as well as the recommended oil change interval for your specific model. Schedule a service by filling out an online application form. For more information about an oil change or any other services rendered by our dealership, feel free to visit us at your convenience.