How To Change a Flat Tire On Your Luxury Vehicle
Knowing how to replace a flat tire is an essential skill every driver should know. Having this skill in your back pocket can make the difference between being stuck on the side of the road for 20 minutes and being stuck for potentially hours at a time. So, how do we change a flat tire on our vehicle, or more specifically our luxury vehicle? Check out the steps below to find out.
How To Fix a Flat Tire
What You’ll Need:
- Car Jack
- Spare Tire
- Lug Nut Wrench
- Wheel wedge or a large rock
Steps to Change a Tire
- Find a flat space to park your car on that is safely away from traffic and passing vehicles. Place your vehicle in park and turn on your hazard lights.
- If it is a front tire that is flat, place a wheel wedge behind the rear wheel on the opposite side of the vehicle. If it is a back tire that is flat, place the wedge in front of the front tire on the opposite side of the vehicle.
- Use the wrench to loosen the lug nuts half of a full turn by turning them clockwise. You may need to break the resistance of the nuts using your foot or body weight. Do not completely loosen or remove the lug nuts yet.
- Place the car jack beneath the frame of your vehicle next to the flat tire. Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual to see if there is a designated area on the frame to use a jack.
- Raise your vehicle up about six inches from the ground.
- Use the wrench to unscrew and remove the lug nuts.
- Place your inflated spare tire on the exposed lug bolts and replace the lug nuts and tighten them by hand.
- Now use the wrench to tighten them until firm but do not fully tighten them.
- Lower the vehicle back onto the ground by lowering the jack.
- Fully remove the jack and use the wrench to finish tightening the lug nuts following a star-shaped pattern, starting with the lower left lug nut.
Read more: Arizona Window Tint Rules and Regulations
This guide from Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale will come in handy the next time your luxury vehicle gets a flat tire. For more tips and tricks, like how to change your Mercedes-Benz navigation volume and how to fix a paint scratch, check out the rest of the Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale blog.
Find your new luxury vehicle here